Welcome to the Campus Real Estate Office

UT Tower South Mall with students

Welcome to the Campus Real Estate Office

UT Tower view from the South Mall

Our campus real estate portfolio includes the following three types of properties:

  • University leased property - property that the university leases (both as a landlord and as a tenant)
  • University owned property - property that the university owns and occupies
  • University ground leased property - property that the university owns and leases to long-term tenants (the Brackenridge Tract and Arbor Walk)

Real Estate Transactions

The Campus Real Estate Office specifically manages the following types of real estate transactions for the University:

  • Lease transactions - Should the University need to lease space off-campus for any reason, our office manages the process of engaging real estate brokers, negotiating lease terms, and executing the lease documents. Likewise, should the University determine that it has property that it would like to lease to a third-party, our office manages the process of marketing the property, managing negotiations and executing lease documents. In addition to office, retail, industrial space, our office also handles telecommunication tower leases and ATM leases.
  • Contract Management - In most instances our office oversees the monthly rent payments and other lease compliance issues.
  • Easements - When third parties request easements on University owned land, CREO is responsible for negotiating terms and executing easement contracts.
  • Acquisitions - CREO is responsible for the acquisition of properties that fit within the approved Campus Master Plan, or as required in the pursuit of the University’s mission. We handle the negotiations and closings.
  • Dispositions - Should the University determine it is in our best interest to sell an owned property, CREO will generally work in conjunction with UT System REO to complete the transaction.
  • Third Party Real Estate Partners - CREO is engaged when it is determined to be in the University’s best interest to partner with third-party real estate firms for items such as marketing, analysis or property management. Our department will typically issue an RFP (request for proposal) or RFQ (request for qualifications), which is posted on our website; negotiate terms and manage the relationship.